Thursday, November 4, 2010

Manzanita Groundcover is in

I'm almost finished with the front left yard. Today I went back to the Grow Native Nursery and put in all the remaining manzanita groundcover. I also added one more hummingbird sage to fill a hole, and four more coral bells for the back edge.





You'll notice a few gaps. The big hole in the middle is where I will put the desert willow. The other gap, closer to the corner, is where I intend to put in some showy penstemon (Penstemon spectabilis). Finally, I still have to finish the mass planting of coral bells in the back.

Here's the line of coral bells (the dark green geranium-looking plants), so far:


And I noticed that one of the hummingbird sages is about to blossom. This may or may not be a good thing. Once it blossoms, all its energy will go into producing the flower and not growing and establishing itself in the soil. Still it would be nice to have a little instant gratification.

No comments:

Post a Comment