Friday, November 11, 2011

Finishing up the Second Year of Landscaping

I'm almost done with this second round of landscaping.

The wildflower meadow on the side needs some stability of focal point when the wildflowers aren't active, so I've added some perennials.

These include: achillea millefolium rosea (Island Pink Yarrow).


Blue-eyed grasses (of differing sizes):





And an artemisia california (California sagebrush "David's choice")


The finished meadow:


I've also added a large rose buckwheat in the front where the royal penstemon died:


I've finished the front walkway and added ornamental pots by the porch:


Each pot contains a monkey flower. This is mimulus carnivale:


This is mimulus cardinale:


I've also finished putting in the Carpenteria in the front planter box.


I put in Margarita penstemon along the second path across the parkway strip:


The Indian mallows are doing fantastic and the bees love them:




The fuschia-flowering gooseberry has come out of summer dormancy and added lots of new, green leaves. I'm hoping it will flower this year.


The monkey flowers near the back porch are doing nicely.



Lots of lemons on the Meyer lemon tree:


I've planted beets in the garden (nothing to see yet).


I put in a brickellia californica (brickellbush) near my back bedroom window. They are supposed to smell fantastic when the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment